CCA Webinar #2: Read your construction contract: ‘Makin’ it work’: Scope definition and change management
In construction, it is essential to understand what you’re getting yourself into before you agree to perform the work as per specifications and drawings. Things are bound to change, but how is change accommodated in the contract? We’ll explore how scope is defined in a contract and how changes made can impact risk and your business.
– Importance of drawings and specifications
– Means and methods versus delegated design
– What to look for in the tendering process and if the contract passes the risk of site/existing conditions to you
– Can you rely on the information you are given?
– How to effectively deal with changes in the work, including getting decisions made quickly
– Dealing with who is doing what = making sure there are no “gaps”
Our expert presenters include:
1. Glenn Ackerley, Partner, WeirFoulds LLP
2. Trevor Ostapiw, Pre-Construction Manager, Graham
Moderator: Amber Sandhu, National Accounts Surety, Travelers Canada